Tuesday 2 April 2019

To the man of our life

Assalamualaikum w.b.t

Looking back, I'd realised
I'd never really showed my appreciation towards papa openly
But really, I wanted him to know, to be able to always remember this, and read this whenever he wanted.

I want him to know that he had gave his best to become a father to his 3 daughters.
It's not easy for a man to raise a daughter, let alone 3 daughters.
Physiologically different, emotionally different, with different needs and desires.
To add more challenges, even the three of us have very different personalities and interests.
(just look at our different career paths)

I remembered the awkwardness that I felt when he took the role of both parents when mama passed away. He used to be a silent carer, caring in action but not much in words, that sometimes i missed to notice how he has always been there. Because mama was the mediator- I'll tell things to her, she told those to him- and then he do things which sometimes i don't even notice, until mama told me.

Like that time when I was small and getting the dreaded haircut, i was crying because i thought the barber was making rude comments about me. I told mama, didn't tell him. The next thing i know, the barber no longer works there. He was fired, because my father complained to his employer. And no, my dad never told me about that (FYI, even till now). I got to know about that because my mom and siblings leaked me on it when we went to the same mall where there's the salloon. They said, my father was really angry at that time, no wonder he got fired.

The first year after mama's in a better place, I knew he was struggling, so I decided on something that wasn't really wise-- I chose to act tough, and didn't open up to my family whenever I'm having a problem.

But right now, I've realised, no matter what happens, the one that can give you continuous support is your family. So I've decided to open up, tell what I'm facing, share what I'm going through. I started to get his opinion, advice, and the special weapon parents have: prayers. And he was, always there, alhamdulillah.

To papa,
Alhamdulillah, now that the grey clouds have passed, our family are getting bigger and merrier, and each one growing up with your love.I'm sorry for all the troubles i've caused, the worries or headache. I hope I can be your investment for the akhirah

You've done well, papa. From the start, till now. May Allah bless you with His love, care and guidance. . Amin.


The Prophet (pbuh) said:

If anyone has a female child, and does not bury her alive, or slight her, or prefer his male children to her, Allah will bring him into Paradise. (Ahmad, authenticated by Al-Hakim, graded Hasan by Ahmad Shakir)


Jabir ibn Abdullah (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (pbuh) said:

Whoever has three daughters and he accommodates them, show mercy toward them, and supports them, Paradise is definitely guaranteed for him.

Thus, someone asked the Prophet, what if they are two daughters only

He replied, “[He gets that reward,] even if they are [only] two.

Some of those present believed that had the Prophet been asked about only one daughter, he would have answered that the reward was applicable too. (Authenticated by Al-Albani)

1 comment:

zuhairi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...